Tuesday, May 5, 2009

it all goes in the box

I think that John Ortberg wrote a study on that subject. With a month and a half to go before moving I have to get it in the box. Should take time to sort, but that is more time consuming. We try to get much done early so that we can enjoy the people the last few weeks. That is what we try to do. Sometimes it even works.

Luke 8 includes the parable of the sower or the farmer. He goes out to sow. The farmer broadcasts the seed - path, rocks, thorns, and fertile ground. as I think of the various places I have preached and pastored it is always true - you scatter seed and some of it boinks and some if it really does grow. When that seed hits the fertile and ready soil.... watch out, you can hardly keep up with the growth in that person and it brings great joy.

Then at the end is the great phrase - HE WHO HAS EARS TO HEAR... LET HIM HEAR. When I read that I go back and always re read the words or story right before it. Extra attention needs to be paid.

Back to the boxes and all but remembering the seed sown here and preparing to sow in a new field called Rome.

No comments: