Tuesday, February 12, 2008

little things

This may be all over the place. But I have been thinking about how little things lead to other things. In the positive sense - asking, remembering and using a name can mean a lot. A positive impression and going the extra mile can make a connection for someone who has been far from Christ. I can't actually say why Brewerton UMC has been better and having more guests each week since the first of the year, but I like it. No brag here, just some joy in the ole pastor's heart. I do know one thing that is different, over 50 people are reading the Bible daily. Way cool. Some days, especially in Leviticus, that is not a 'little' thing.

For some reason Micah 6:8 drops in my head here - "Do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with your God." Those are not necessarily big things, but their impact can be. This is "what is good and what the Lord requires of us."

We're giving away free ice, snow and cold here in Brewerton if anyone wants any!

1 comment:

Mark Van Deman said...

Keep writing Alan. I sense that you are going to discover something fresh as you write.

I appreciate your willingness to share your heart.