Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year Bible Reading Program

I said I would post on the Daily Bible readings from time to time. I will not post every day. I can share some of my insights.

Luke 2:51,52 partial "Jesus was obedient to his parents in Nazareth and He grew in wisdom, stature and favor."

As I read about John the Baptist it read that he was filled with the Holy Spirit upon birth. But is says here that Jesus grew. He grew in multiple ways. He did not come out of the womb all "Godlike." He grew. If Jesus grew we all must grow. He grew in 3 ways. Wisdom, stature and favor with God and man. Wisdom - knowledge and smart. Staure - his body grew and matured. Favor- character. These 3 ways are about the complete growing man or woman.
I could dissect these words better. Especially favor.
Application - I am reading and studying a lot and that is for wisdom.
I seek to reform my dietary habits and to exercise so that my body lasts longer and is healthier while I am around. Favor - not to please everybody, but to please God by my moral and menail conduct.
Is there any area where I am slipping? In fact all 3 areas are places of regular battles aren't they?
Prayer - O God, reveal Your heart and plan for me. Help me to be humble and loving. Please keep my anger and arrogance in check so that people can see you and not me.

No comments: