Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mark 9

Here are some things to look at and ponder.
9:13 But I tell you Elijah has already come and they chose to abuse him just as the scriptures predicted. I believe that Jesus is referring to John the Baptist, who was laughed at, imprisoned and sorrowfully beheaded at the order of a drunken King who paid too much for a dance. Question - can you find in scripture where it is predicted that Elijah would be abused?

9:29 This kind can be cast out only by prayer. This was in response to the disciples not being able to cast out a demon. But here is my question to you. Have you ever said, "Jesus, why could we not ________________?" you fill in the blank. Sometimes I know that I have not been sufficiently to the altar of prayer.

9:49 "For everyone will be tested by fire." No kidding. The scripture may really mean "salted with fire." in a short, but inadequate description of this it means to be purified. I have been purified a few times, how bout you?

Keep reading.

No comments: