Saturday, November 10, 2007

Books, Books, Books

I really did not understand the book addiction. I used to read as little as possible. But now I am catching up. My dad would buy books and never get to them, though they sounded good at the time. I found them with markers part way through. I found some of them untouched. I learned a good rule back a while ago. When you buy a book it goes on your desk until you read it. The pile gets too big, then you don't buy more. I like books on tape, but buying them gets real expensive. I now have the books rolling in automatically on Leadership and Amazon and I are good friends. Used books are a cost saver often and I am very grateful for the used classics that are out there for the gleaning which are no longer sold new. John Wesley said to be a person of one book - The Bible. Though he would have placed the church rules Book of Discipline high on the list. He also published many books, hymns, pamphlets. No books from me. Though I do have a great idea for a compelling mystery set in the Thousand Islands. We all must juggle our reading time - fun things, work related and general news and magazines. So many books, so little time....

1 comment:

Randy said...

I too have recently (past 2 years) entered a book reading addiction. I find that using the library does two GREAT things; 1) it sets a time limit for finishing the book, 2) it's free (as long as you return it on time). Another great place for wonderful Christian reading material is our United Methodist Resource Center at the Cicero UMC.