Friday, November 9, 2007

Degrees and growth

First Blog. Welcome friends, relatives and neighbors. I have recently decided through much prayer to step out and start a Doctor of Ministry degree. This will involve 3+ years of reading, writing, classes and even the ominous Dissertation Defense. Why go through this? Well, simply put, I am not getting any younger and I need to keep growing. So the study plan is the way to go. I cannot claim to make a family first since step daughter Anna is now a math PHD and son Ben is now a Dr. of PT - physical therapy. I also know that my brother has a head start on his PHD in History. So here we go. Keep on learning. Keep on growing.

I read recently that the amount of knowledge and information is growing very fast. Business methods are changing rapidly. This book said that the average person must be retrained 4 times in their lifetime. Maybe it is even more times than that. I am not sure which number retraining this is for me, but I had better get going on it. Shalom.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hi Alan,

Glad to see you up and in the blogosphere! I am also excited about your decision to go after the DMin program. I am undecided and appreciate your prayers - having you in the program is a positive motivator for me to join.

See you here on a regular basis friend.

Bill