Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LeadNow Conference

I have been to the LeadNow conference which focused on ministry by and with Young Adults. I returned yesterday and was privileged to go with Louise and the Allens. Now I must reflect and then implement some course changes to be more user friendly to our 20-30 somethings. I don't know much but here is the first blush on my experience last week.

By the way I love to go to the emerging generations conference because of the energy, creativity and life that I find there.

Need to do more dialogue with this age group. Need to build relationships. Need to plan things which are active and hands on. Need to seek connecting points. Need to have worship be less predictable, less preachy and more dialogical. Engaging metaphors and stories are important and I can certainly use story more. So this coming week and for the Sundays this month I am working with the metaphor of "Baggage" We all have it. What we do with it counts. What's in your suitcase?

No comments: