Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oh Paul , Oh Paul

1 Corinthians 16:20 - 24 "All the brothers here send you greetings. Greet one another with a holy kiss. I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. If anyone does not love the Lord —a curse be on him. Come, O Lord ! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen."

This is from the reading plan a few days ago. I love Paul. Some of my favorite Bible verses and thought provoking statements are Paul. But he does get carried away sometimes... a curse be upon ++++. Somewhere else it says, "Bless and do not curse." So that is what we teach. He snuck some fire in there. He said what we want to say sometimes. But we are people called to blessing and not cursing. We also remember that words when out are hard to take back. So we keep trying to "tame the tongue" as James would say.

I had this little book I ordered for my partner Davis in Uganda. It was thru Amazon and send by Gram Gram somebody. On the back of the mailing envelope it had these words. "Dear Book, go upon your way over mountain, plain or sea. God Bless all who speed your flight to where I wish you to be and Bless all those beneath the roof where I would bid you rest. Bless even more the one to whom this book is addressed."

I thought that was pretty good stuff. Although it could have said, "Curse the postals who abuse books and take forever to get things to where you send at too much money. Thanks for the money enjoy this purchase. Curse the weather and the things that hinder good business and competitive deliver..." But it didn't. It sent a blessing and it will go farther than it was even thought.
Blessings, Shalom, Good Health and YEE HAH!

No comments: